Sometimes men have it tough. Often faced with high expectations stemming from characters in novels, movies and even our own heads, men feel they are "missing the mark" when it comes to romance. Expectations to look a certain way, to pitch in around the house, to rub our feet, to...to...to....the list goes on and on, and sometimes men can never quite measure up to impossibly high expectations, when in reality they're doing just fine. Even more than just fine.
In my opinion, my husband is great, just the way he is (and perhaps yours is too?). I'm not saying this to brag. In the grand scheme of things I'm sure there are men who could out-perform him in certain categories
1. He shovels. He even cleans off the cars and makes a nice neat little walkway to the house, while I get to stay inside all toasty and warm.
2. He brings me flowers for no specific reason, just because.
3. He grills outside all 4 seasons of the year. Even when it's pouring rain. Even when there's a blizzard. He grills so we can have a yummy dinner.
4. He changes diapers, even though he'd rather have his teeth pulled, would rather sit through ten zillion boring chick flicks in a row, would rather undergo surgery while still conscious. Yet he changes them, changes them anyway.
5. He calls me on the way home from work, just to let me know he'll be home soon. Just to say hello, and to ask if there's anything we need.
6. He dances with my daughter Megan. Every night before bed. She sings, they dance.
7. He goes out to the store on those days when nothing has gone right and I'm a sneezing sniffly mess with unwashed hair who hasn't made dinner. He picks up a rotisserie chicken, salad, and even dessert, and makes everything better.
8. After nine years of marriage he's still a little shy. He even blushes sometimes. It's cute, but if I tell him it's cute he hates that, so I just have to keep it to myself (or publish it for all the world to see! lol!).
A tiny little mug I painted for him for our first Valentine's Day-together in 2001.
9. He's ridiculously easy to please, with very low expectations of me, so whenever I do something a modicum above par, (like, oh...catching up on the laundry which I should be doing, all along!) I get high praise. Love that. Now THAT should be in a sonnet, I tell ya!
10. He's a hard-worker, a family man, a lover, a provider, a believer, a bit old-fashioned and an idealist.
Aw, he blushes?! So cute! I'm not sure I've ever seen my husband blush. Sounds like you have a good man!ReplyDelete
Yes, he *actually* blushes! :) He's a keeper lol!Delete
oh, this brings tears to my eyes. What a beautiful portrayal of the truest love. I'm so glad I stopped by, Erin.ReplyDelete
Thank you so much for your touching words! I'm so glad to know this meant something to you. Blessing to you, too!Delete
I love the pictures in this post! And I'm glad you've found the love of your life. Blessings to you and your whole family. <3ReplyDelete
Thank you, friend! Blessings right back at you! :)Delete
such a wonderful marriage :D and you have such cute kids :DReplyDelete
if you have such a nice husband, i'm sure you're a nice person too :)
i myself just married for 8 months, happily pregnant, and am grateful for everything about my husband :)