--flour tortilla shells (corn would work well, too)
-- non-stick spray
--shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice, preferably orange)
*optional: taco seasonings plus sour cream & salsa for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With sharp knife (little ones will need help from Mom!) carve a face into tortilla shell
(Don't worry, I promise no little fingers were injured in this process!)
2. Coat baking pan with non-stick spray and arrange "carved" tortillas on top
(My tortilla is the scary one. The "minis" are for Megan.)
3. Sprinkle tortillas liberally with shredded cheese. If desired, lightly sprinkle with taco seasonings.
(Don't worry about covering up the facial features with cheese. When the cheese melts it'll turn brown and crispy making it easy to remove.)
(Adam's and Luke's are much cuter and sweeter than my scary one!)
4. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or just until cheese melts.
This is what it looks like when it's finished!
5. Dip them in whatever your hearts desires and enjoy the simple gooey Fall goodness of your very own jack-o-lantern tortilla!
6. Or, stick it over your face like a mask.
7. Or, look at it lovingly and poke it saying, "Puuuuh-kin! Puuuuuh-kin!" over and over again instead of actually eating it. Whichever, it's up to you. :)