1. Spring bulbs. I love everything about 'em...the bright colors, the heady perfume, their thick meaty stems and leaves.... Ah, to me they're just the quintessential symbol that Spring has finally arrived!
2. Flip flops. Ok, I know some people wait until Summer but I am a die hard flip-flopper (who also makes up her own words). Once it hits 50+ degrees it's time to don 'em. You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-ah-to.
3. Sending the kids out to play NOT requiring fifteen layers of snow gear, complicated boots, gloves, hats, scarves and other various and sundry cold weather-moisture-wicking-whatevers.
4. Access to the outdoor grill--no shovel required.
5. The return of sweet little chirpy happy birdies. Somehow hearing their high-pitched melodious songs makes being up early in the morning just a little bit better. (But not as much as coffee.)
6. It NOT feeling like bedtime at oh, 4:30pm.
7. Trading brown icky melty snow for...er, brown icky mucky mud and basement flooding. Ok, maybe that's not a big improvement after all! But hey, it still shouts SPRING! :)
8. Going for a walk outside without the looming fear that a snow plow is just around the corner waiting to take me out.
9. Fresh garden chives! 'nuff said.
10. Skipping through the days with an extra spring in my step, sunshine on my face and gratitude in my heart that I survived yet another brutal Winter in New England! :)