Monday, February 14, 2011
One Thousand Gifts (part 1)
One of my favorite recent reads was Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts. It's such a beautiful book of praise-filled prose. I love the way she encourages others to relish the beauty of the everyday gifts from God. I immediately felt inspired to create my own list of 1,000 gifts. I thought I'd share my list with you in bits and pieces.
1) the excitement of cracking open a brand-new book, the inky paper smell wafting around promising new insights
2) frothy, steamy, dreamy over-sized mugs of cappuccino that bring alertness
3) the faintest hint of Spring thaw in the air this afternoon and the pinkish hue of the tree tops from a distance (buds in infancy)
4) the sight of my sweet little girl "feeding" her baby doll and cooing "be-be, be-be" as she did it
5) warm and cozy winter nights beneath fluffy down blankets
...more to come.
I'd love to hear some of yours!
Linked up at:
Labels: family gratitude, one thousand gifts
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
I love seeing my girls mother their babies too. And their youngest sister for that matter.ReplyDelete